Richard Masson is CEO of the Alberta Petroleum Marketing Commission and brings over 25 years of leadership experience in oil sands development, energy marketing and finance to the role. Richard is leading Alberta’s commercial focus on activities to support the development of new crude oil infrastructure and markets.
Richard’s previous experiences include:
• Nexen: VP Risk Management and member of the Marketing Global Leadership Team; Finance
• Director and member of the Long Lake Management Committee; and prior to that Planning Manager for the Synthetic Oil Business Unit.
• Value Creation Group: Director of Business Development and Corporate Planning.
• Shell: Manager, Planning and Manager, Finance and Evaluation for the Athabasca Oil SandsProject.
• Alberta Energy Department: Director of Oil Sands Policy and Development, where he led the development of the generic oil sands royalty system in 1995-96.
• Alberta Finance: Senior Analyst, Heritage Fund, where he was involved with the development of the Bi-Provincial Upgrader.
Richard is also currently Board member and the Audit Committee Chair for the Calgary Region
Community Board for Persons with Developmental Disabilities and is a Board of Governors Member of the University of Lethbridge, where he obtained his undergraduate degree. Richard holds MBA, CFA and ICD.D designations.