At WPC Canada, we believe in building relationships with our customers. These relationships are built on trust and respect and we believe that is the way a business should be operated. Part of establishing trust and respect is done by telling you what information we will require from you, how this information will be handled, and how this information will be kept safe. We know that your personal information is a valued asset and we want you to know that we will treat it that way.
The purpose of the following document is to inform you of:
- -our information handling practices;
- -the reasons for these practices;
- -security steps in place to protect your information; and
- -your role in controlling your own personal information.
Collecting Personal Information
At WPC Canada, we collect personal information to better serve your needs. Whether it be purchasing products and services from us or obtaining service or warranty work, we are here to make sure that you get everything you need.
In order to provide you with our wide variety of services, products, and promotions, we may collect the following information when necessary:
- -contact and mailing information such as name, address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses.
- -employment information, credit information, and personal references of those who are applying for credit;
- -the plans, specifications and other particulars about the home which is being built for you;
- -insurance information;
- -municipal and legal descriptions for your home;
- -any other relevant information which is necessary to provide you with our products and services.
We may need to collect other personal information depending on the circumstances, but we will ask you directly and ensure that you agree.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Like you, we at WPC Canada value your personal information. Part of valuing your personal information is making sure that it is protected and kept confidential. We achieve this by:
- -having our employees sign a confidentiality agreement;
- -keeping our records in locked filing cabinets;
- -having up to date computer security such as passwords, encryption and firewalls;
- -where third parties are hired to assist us with providing products and services to you for your home, we have them sign a privacy and confidentiality agreement to ensure that your personal information is protected by them.
Updating Your Personal Information
WPC Canada will do its best to ensure that your personal information is correct and kept current. A customer service representative will contact you to verify your personal information before any decisions are made or action is taken based on that information.
We will keep your information as long as is necessary to continue to meet your customer needs and any legal requirements we may have. However, once your personal information is no longer needed, we will destroy it.
If your personal information changes, please inform us of the change and any other information you feel is necessary. Also, if your personal information is incorrect, then please notify us of the correct information.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We believe that part of establishing trust and integrity comes from allowing you to control your own personal information.
As such, we will collect information about you on a voluntary basis. However, in some circumstances before we collect personal information from you, we will have you complete a consent form which authorizes our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
If you have questions or concerns about the handling of your personal information or wish to withdraw your consent, please contact, WPC Canada Privacy Officer, at 403-250-1033. Our representatives would be happy to assist you.
Accessing Your Personal Information
WPC Canada Privacy Officer provides you with the opportunity to access your personal information that is held by us. It is our policy to ensure that customers receive one complimentary copy of all their documents to keep in their own personal file. If you require another copy of such information or further information, please contact WPC Canada Privacy Officer at 403-218-2000 or. Please note that a nominal fee may be charged based on the volume of information requested.
If you have more questions about your privacy rights in Alberta please visit the web site of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner at www.oipc.ab.ca.